This is an income based program for Michigan residents living in one of the following counties:
Allegan, Barry, Berrien, Branch, Calhoun, Cass, Eaton, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph, and Van Buren.
PLEASE READ IN FULL PRIOR TO APPLYING
This program is only individuals and families in Michigan to keep the pets in the home, it is NOT INTENDED FOR use of animal rescue groups or other non profits. Please see disclaimer on application for more information.
After your request form is received we will email you if we have questions or need more information.
SNAP will mail a spay/neuter voucher(s) to you. Please allow 2-3 weeks for the certificate via the US Postal Service. Check your your email spam files in case we are trying to reach you.
Do not schedule an appointment with a participating vet until you have received your spay/neuter voucher. When you do receive your voucher be sure to schedule your appointment right away. Certificates expire four months from the date of issue, and vet offices can be extremely busy.
Please do not lose your voucher or allow it to expire. Lost and expired vouchers may be extended at SNAP’s discretion.
To request a SNAP certificate by mail with our printable form please scroll down for the PDF. If you mail in your application and documentation the Cat Co-Pay is $35, Dog Co-Pay is $55.
To request a SNAP certificate electronically you will need to do these 4 steps:
1. Take a picture of your documentation for proof of Michigan residency in a county we are servicing and proof that you receive state or federal aid.
Upload each below. NO PDF or Screen Shot Please. It comes through too small and blurry.
PLEASE PROVIDE A COPY OF ONE OF THESE:
– FOOD STAMP CARD
– MAJOR VA DISABILITY
– PUBLIC SCHOOL FREE LUNCH PROGRAM
– SECTION 8 HOUSING
– SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY (SSD)
– SPECIAL NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTAL PROGRAM FOR WOMEN AND CHILDREN
SUCH AS WIC
– SUPPLEMENTAL SECURITY INCOME (SSI)
PROOF OF RESIDENCY – JUST NEED ONE:
– DRIVERS LICENSE OR STATE ID
– UTILITY BILL 60 DAYS.
– EXPLANATION OF BENEFITS ISSUED FOR FOOD STAMPS. SSI, SSD ETC..
2. Pay a co-pay by clicking below.
Select quantity for number of cats and/or dogs.
The co-pay is $37 per Cat or $58 per Dog.
This amount will go towards your vet invoice after the surgery. Credit Card fee from card company has been added.
**3. Fill out the electronic application.
4. Make sure the name and address on the application matches the name and address on your documentation to show you are the receiver of the benefits.
Incomplete applications, including no documentation may be declined. Please make sure to follow all steps and check your email (Including Spam) to see if we need more information.